Come join our team!
Kids & Company is one of North American’s fastest growing child care companies. We currently are growing in the US with locations in and around Boston and Chicago! Kids & Company’s greatest priority is to ensure we meet every child’s individual needs by providing a stimulating, secure and loving environment. We are always looking for great people to join our team and are an employer of choice with excellent benefits, close-knit environments at each centre backed by a strong corporation, and a focus on the children and programming.
Career Opportunities at our Childcare Centres
The staff at our child care centers includes Directors, Assistant Directors, qualified teachers with an Early Childhood Education degree or a Bachelor of Education, as well as qualified teaching assistants. Our experienced staff are experts in providing nurturing care that helps deliver a positive learning experience.
- Centre Director (Jackson)
Reporting to the Area Director, acts as an integral member of the Kids & Company team who oversee the day to day operations of a child care facility through the conscientious application of Kids & Company standards to achieve our mission statement: to provide quality primary and backup childcare services conveniently located near our children’s parent’s place of work. We aim to assist corporations in creating a healthy work/life balance.
• Plans, organizes, directs and controls the day to day operations of the childcare facility, including scheduling for business needs, opening and closing procedures, ready for business standards and delegation and execution of duties;
• Responsible for ensuring that all relevant legislative requirements are met with 100% compliance, including Children and Family Services/Daycare licensing, Public Health Department, Fire Department, Municipal by-laws, Human Rights Code, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Labor Relations/Employment Standards, Freedom of Information and Privacy Act;
• Motivates and leads staff through personal example regarding client relations, center cleanliness, program development, classroom leadership, health and safety practices, uniform standards, staff relations, and compliance with corporate programs;
• Recruits and selects qualified staff in conjunction with Area Directors and Human Resources and oversees staff development through on-going training, performance appraisals, discipline and fair and consistent leadership;
• Ensures the center is ready for business with all necessary supplies and equipment such as arts and crafts, large furnishings, cleaning supplies, office equipment and children’s toys;
• Maintains enrollment expectations through on-going communication with all families, accurate administration, agency promotion and hosting open houses;
• Promotes open communication and teamwork with all staff through personal example and use of positive employee relations techniques;
• Maintains positive community relations through attending outside meetings and committees, networking with community agencies, accessing the changing needs of the community, being involved in parent advisory councils;
• Resolves parent complaints through excellence in customer service and adherence to Kids & Company guidelines and efficient follow up;
• Accurately performs administrative tasks in a timely manner including payroll submissions, daily and weekly reports and WOW moments when required;
• Performs other related assignments as required.
• Possesses a Degree in Bachelor in Education or Early Childhood Associates Degree or a CDA recognized College or equivalency (minimum requirements are set by State/County/City Licensing and may require more credentials than stated above.)
• Minimum two years’ experience in the Early Childhood Education field
• Infant/Child C.P.R. and First Aid updated yearly
• Early Childhood Administration and Supervisor program would be an asset
• Knowledge of children’s development, agency policies and human resources procedures
• High standard of professionalism
• Enthusiasm for serving public ensuring that all children and clients are cared for equally and in accordance with Kids & Company standards
• Participative yet assertive management style: leads by personal example, coaching, teamwork, but not hesitant to make decisions and direct activities
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to listen and respond appropriately to client, children and staff needs as well as communicate with tact and diplomacy
• High energy level with a strong work ethic
• Excellent organization skills to prioritize workload in order to achieve results in a constantly changing environment
• Able to maintain the smooth operation of the daycare center through the ability to function as part of a cohesive team
• Ability to safeguard confidential information
• The incumbent must be capable of lifting and/or pushing up to 45 pounds
• A criminal reference check and verification of medical suitability will be required as specified in Licensing Regulations.
By July 1, 2017, the following education requirements for licensed day care center staff shall be met. 1) All new child care directors hired on or after July 1, 2017 s hall have a minimum of an associate degree in child development or early childhood education, or the equivalent (defined as 64 semester hours in any discipline with a minimum of 21 semester hours of college credit in child development, early childhood education or early childhood special education) and either a Gateways to Opportunity Level I Illinois Director Credential (see 89 Ill. Adm. Code 50.720(b) and http://www.ilgateways.com/en/illinois-directorcredential-idc) or 3 semester hours of college credit or 3 points of credential approved training in administration, leadership or management.Apply Now
- Lead Teacher (Abington)
Reporting to the Center Director, acts as an integral member of the Kids & Company team to assist in the overall management of day to day supervision and operations of a child age group
through the conscientious application of Kids & Company standards to achieve our mission statement: to provide quality primary and backup childcare services conveniently located near our children’s parent’s place of work. We aim to assist corporations in creating a healthy work/life balance.
Plans and implements enriched programs in accordance with curriculum objectives, developmentally appropriate practice and program philosophy;
Leads children in activities by telling or reading stories, teaching songs, demonstrating the use of simple musical instruments, preparing craft materials and demonstrating their use and providing opportunities for creative expression;
Takes a leadership role in the classroom and provides excellent supervision and interaction with children at all times including in all classroom, sleeproom, outside and playground activities;
Observes children in their surroundings and assesses individual and group needs;
Promotes open communication and works cooperatively and effectively as a team member and communicates and contributes information on a continuous basis;
Provides training and acts as a role model for students, supply and new team members;
Meets emotional, social, physical and cognitive needs of each child in the classroom;
Follows all center policies as outlined in the Staff Handbook and Staff Policy Manual including Behavior Management, Serious Occurrence, Anaphylactic, Technology Use, Fire Drills, Workplace Harassment and Violence and Health and Safety practices;
Prepares and maintains the indoor and outdoor play areas for children’s use, including checking toys and equipment to ensure safe functioning and performing various housekeeping and sanitizing duties as required;
Participates in lunch, diapering, bathroom and toilet training duties and promotes healthy and independent practices;
Ensures any special dietary requirements are met;
If designated, administers medication as authorized by a physician and maintain appropriate records;
Maintains open, positive, friendly and cooperative relationships with each child’s family;
Accurately performs all administrative tasks including entries for the classroom log book, center communication log book and required emergency and incident reporting in a timely manner;
Attends monthly staff meetings;
Attends staff development workshops;
Adheres to dress code;
Job SpecificationsApply Now
Meets minimum requirements set by State/County/City Licensing. Kids & Company prefers Lead Teachers have earned a Bachelor in Early Child Education/Child Development, Early Childhood Associates Degree or a CDA proffered by a recognized College or University.
Infant/Child C.P.R. and First Aid updated yearly
Knowledge of Child Care programs
High standard of professionalism
Enthusiasm for serving public ensuring that all children and clients are cared for equally and in accordance with Kids & Company standards
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to listen and respond appropriately to client and children’s needs
High energy level with a strong work ethic
Excellent organization skills to prioritize workload in order to achieve results in a constantly changing environment
Ability to safeguard confidential information
The incumbent must be capable of lifting, pushing or pulling up to 50 pounds
A criminal reference check and verification of medical suitability will be required as specified in Licensing Regulations.
Meets Licensing requirements as set by your State/County/City Licensing bodies.
Must meet minimum State/County/City Licensing Standards for the position
Why work at Kids & Company?
Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award, Deloitte`s 50 Best Managed Companies, RBC Momentum Award and many more!
One of North American’s fastest growing companies – currently over 120 centres
Boston, Chicago, Geneva, New York (coming soon), Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Quebec
We offer health, vision and dental insurance for our full-time employees, paid vacation sick time off, Life insurance and disability compensation
Ability to transfer locations
We post all of our position vacancies internally before we ever look at external candidates
Opportunities for advancement
Unlike other companies where you have to wait for people to retire, Kids & Company is always growing and we have new positions becoming available all the time!
Early ready and pre-literacy, fine arts, Spanish introduction, music, Munchkinetics (movement and active play)
We plan, cook and serve our own fresh and nutritious food out of regional kitchens
Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Qualified candidates for whom we may have a position available may be sent an email screening. The email screening asks questions about your qualifications, experience and what kind of position you are looking for.
If you are selected to move forward, you will be contacted about scheduling an in-person interview at one of our locations. Candidates that apply to work at our Child care Centers may be asked during the interview to spend some time in the classroom, create a program plan and answer “scenario” questions.
Once the interview is complete, we will require two or more professional references.
If you are offered a position, you will be provided with an offer letter and a list of hiring requirements that must be completed prior to starting. This list varies depending on your region. It may include; a police clearance, a medical check and CPR/First Aid certification.
Open Interviews at our Childcare Centers
(For positions at our Childcare Center only)
Each Childcare Center holds an open interview time for our child care positions. Please contact the location of your choice for information. Kids & Company is an equal opportunity employer. Kids & Company is committed to providing accommodation to persons with disabilities so that they may pursue employment opportunities in a similar way to other applicants. If you require accommodation as a job applicant, please contact us by emailing email@example.com.